Is it possible to mesh the geometry created in grasshopper using other meshing modules?

I have a geometry created in grasshopper parametrically. I want to mesh the geometry in hypermesh. is it possible to export the geometry to hypermesh and then import it back to grasshopper after meshing?
Thank you.

Should be! I’ve never worked with Hypermesh though, but practically all CAD applications support import and export. The most common formats for meshes are OBJ and STL, which both can be imported in and exported from Rhino.

Depending on your geometry you might even be able to do the meshing in Rhino/Grasshopper!? It’s hard to tell without an example to look at! What geometry are we talking about here?

1 Like

is it possible to export the geometry to hypermesh and then import it back to grasshopper after meshing?

As @diff-arch suggested, STL or OBJ

@diff-arch

Depending on your geometry you might even be able to do the meshing in Rhino/Grasshopper!?

Hypermesh does these kind of meshing that become solid tetrahedral meshes for FEA analysis etc. Probably there are ways to do it in Rhino + Gh but I also know Hypermesh can be pretty picky about the mesh it tests, usually best to use the mesh it makes. The meshes it makes look like this following screenshot, has a real world thickness.

1 Like