Is it possible to change the billboard image with a specific png?

Hi guys! You’re doing an mazing work. I have a quick question: is it possible to change the billboard image with a specific png tree from my personal library? Thanks!

Hi!
Thanks for the kind words.
Do you want to change the billboard that is generated within the “Realistic” representation, or the one used for the “Elevations” representation mode?
The first one is generated automatically from the .ArPlantX file and can’t be changed. The second one is using a 3dm file you can customize. The elevation mode files are 3dm files stored in this folder: C:\ProgramData\AsuniCAD\Lands\Rhinoceros (64-bit)\Blocks\Plants\Elevations\Sketch, so you can add your own ones there, and later on assign them to the “Elevations” representation of some species:

Hi Cauda,
the program is not designed to let you do that, but you can achieve it using a workaround. Just search in your hard disk the images used as billboard and replace them. They are located in the following folder:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lands\Plant Textures

Have in mind that for species that show seasonal changes there will be several billboards to replace.

And please note that this is a workaround. If other users find it useful we can consider to add some user interface to do it in a controled way.

Hi Francesc,

Thanks for the detailed answer! I needed to change the “realistic billboard”. I thought it was an image that was possible to personalize. I’m trying to create follow-me tree components like in Sketchup through LandsDesign so I can still play with the amazing features of your plugin while using specific png trees. But as far as I understand the realistic billboard is a 2D image generated from the 3D model, right?
So there isn’t any way I can use a specific png image from my personal library into lands design. That’s a pity! Maybe you could include it in coming versions! :smile: it would be fantastic!

Francesco