Iris error

Installers have been updated. Please check and let me know if the problem persists.
Thanks!

I fixed it.
thank you very much.

1 Like

@fraguada, I tried Yak to update Iris on my system. After a restart, I get an “Error loading” message - “application initialization failed”. Yak tells me that the installed version is 0.6.1 - 2018-03-14.
Should it work to use the package manager to update Iris?

Yes it works, but I’ve not added Iris recently to yak (as you can see from the date). In the future, this will be an automated process, but for now it is a manual one that I need to get into the habit of doing.

@wim Posting this publicly in case it helps anyone else…

Unfortunately if you’ve previously installed Iris manually (i.e. without the package manager) then you might run into issues. Try first manually uninstalling the previous version:

• Delete the key from the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-Ins\1cd9c8f5-c901-426c-8e80-d6a2e2b18bba
  • Delete the folder from the plug-ins directory: %AppData%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-ins\Iris (1cd9c8f5-c901-426c-8e80-d6a2e2b18bba)
2 Likes

Thanks, @will,
That did the trick here.

Hmmm….

@will, I spoke too soon.
I was able to export a simple box to html, then closed Rhino and started again. And now I’m getting those Error loading - Iris.WinR6.rhp messages again…

Ah, yes. I’m seeing the same thing.

I think it’s happening because the 0.6.2 package includes both the Rhino 5 and Rhino 6 RHP files.

@fraguada Rhino currently tries to load any RHP that it finds in a package. Could you try releasing a new version of the package with only the Rhino 6 RHP? The 0.6.2 version can be hidden with yak yank iris 0.6.2.

Ok. I yanked 0.6.2 and pushed 0.6.3 with only the R6 rhp. My apologies for keeping the R5 stuff in there!

1 Like

Thanks Luis!
I used the Update button in Yak to update to 0.6.3.
After a Rhino restart, everything seems to work fine!

2 Likes

Unable to load Iris.WinR6.rhp plug-in application initialization failed.18 52

I got this error after updating the expired plug-in.

Hi Marcus - you will have to wait for an updated version to be available.
-wim

Okay!

Iris has been updated. Installers on f4r and on yak.

1 Like

I got a message stating iris has been expired do you know when the plugin will be updated?

I’ll look to upload an unlocked version next week.

2 Likes

thank you

Dear Luis,
Is an updated version of Iris available for rhino 7?

Please?

Iris has been updated and is available on food4rhino or on the package manager.
Best,
-Luis

1 Like