A new version of Iris has been released. Along with this release, documentation has been updated, including the API documentation. Here is the Changelog. Use this thread to comment on any issues with this latest release.
A few highlights:
- There are some important dependencies that have been removed in order to make Iris easier to use. Now, there is no irisweb.exe or irisweb.app to view scenes locally on your browser.
- There is now one installer for all Windows versions thanks to work on the Rhino Installer Engine by @will and others.
- All options are configurable from the Rhino Command Line.
- Iris exposes three file types upon export:
- .iris: The archive of files and folders (as in previous versions).
- .html: All of the logic, model, etc embedded into one monolothic html file.
- .json: Only the model data. Can be viewed in the three.js editor:
- All images are material texture images embedded in the model data as base64 images.
- Support for different fonts has been added, although it is limited. See this tutorial to add your own font.
- Support for Orthgraphic Views.
- Shading modes! Added a few different shading modes. One can visualize edges, basic cel/toon shading, etc. Edges, Wireframe, and Ghosted are toggles that can modify any shading mode (Default, Shaded, Toon, Xray, Zebra).
Default + Wireframe
Default + Edges
Default + Ghosted
Shaded + Edges
Xray (works best on dark backgrounds)