iRhino WIP Available

5 posts were split to a new topic: Import of other file formats in iRhino

I’ve played with iRhino on and off for a few years, its finally getting the attention and development it has needed, well done McNeel team, and keep pushing with this lovely little app, I am finally going to start using this powerful little tool as part of professional presentations and in house discussions on project development

4 Likes

hi, I have installed the WIP but every file including the sample files within the app crash. large ipad pro IOS 15.5

You need to update to iOS 16. The version you installed is very old as the new iRhino only runs on iOS 16 and above.

Yes done that….16.2….works fine now…thanks

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Save as Rhino 7 file from iRhino

Hi. Please add in settings toggle for Show/Hide axes (green and red lines) . We have for hiding grid but axes no.

Great suggestion, filed it here: https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/WWW-1950/Toggle-to-hide-X-and-Y-axes

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Files app not showing previews

8 posts were split to a new topic: How to enable AR in iRhino

It would be great to see iRhino for Android. Too many apps are developed only for Apple. Let us know if there is an Android version coming soon. The future is about being open and not closed towards digital communication and collaboration.

2 Likes

Just download iRhino and am super impressed with the options and speed. Saving me some valuable time marking up changes while on my phone traveling!!

Request: can you add text tool to the markup feature? My handwriting isn’t professional looking.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m reworking the whole markup feature and I’ll add your suggestion to the wishlist.
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RV-866/Text-in-Markups

Is a .step import in the plans? Couldn’t find any request regarding it.

Thanks a lot,
Rudi

1 Like

The library that we currently use for step does not have an iOS implementation. We asked the library vendors a while ago for this. We can try asking again

1 Like

I understand. The ability to import .step files would be huge, as this is the standard in many industries. Lets see what the vendors can do.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Object Capture without Lidar

I finally got my hands on a LiDAR Ipad and my first test with iRhino was in lowlight conditions in a room without much pattern differentiation between surfaces/textiles and I was really impressed with how accurately and quickly the room scan worked.

Not to mention the ease of use and navigation of the UX in the app itself.

This app in my mind is filling and has the potential to fill many additional gaps in toolsets in the AEC space and the ability for the it to already create the dimensions and layer structure of classified objects is amazing!

I’ll field verify dimensions of course but getting a pretty accurate base model as a starting point is really wonderful and will save a lot of time.

Thanks for your work on this, I’ll test further and report anything to the appropriate threads on the topic.

5 Likes

Is there a way to link irhino3D to Desktop. Trying to work with a workflow that would speed up the process for 3D scanning purposes?

Hi @Oswaldo_Veliz I’ve not tried this but can you save/export the .3dm fro iRhino to a cloud folder like google drive or one drive (from your mobile/irhino scanning device) and then use Rhino worksession on the desktop to link that file into your desktop app?