iRhino WIP and Lidar

Any plans to link this with the lidar on the iPad pro and or 13 pro…?

Is there some specific feature that uses lidar that you are hoping to have?

I’m not much of a writer so my answer below may not make good sense. I’m fully aware that these features would come at a cost and may be best developed by a 3rd party which would be fine.

Yes…I work in the stone industry, we do both interior and exterior projects where the back-up structure is built by other trades. It would be great to link a 3d Rhino file of my stone work to a real world building/room construction site. If the scanning function of the lidar could measure the building/room and then merge the two together I could tell immediately, if my stone panels were going to fit.

Example…If my stone walls where supposed to be installed to provide a room exactly 20’-0" X 20’-0" and I needed 5" from the face of my finished stone to the back-up structure the dimensions of that room would need to be 20’-10" X 20’-10" before I start to install my stone panels. It would also be nice if say I had half the stone panels already installed and I wanted to check the fit into a corner, I could select one of the stones from the 3d model and then focus on the same stone that was already installed and link the 3d to the real world building/room that way.

Brian

The next version of iOS due out this fall will include a toolkit called RoomPlan which we intend to use in iRhino. The quality of the scan will probably be significantly better on devices with Lidar.

3 Likes