Internet Screen-sharing with MacRhino?

Anybody found a successful screen-sharing method when using MacRhino?

I’ve been doing some internet collaborating with a PC Rhino user who is using GoTo Meeting. I can see his Rhino screen and actions on his end just fine—however, whenever I try to present from my screen, the GoTo Meeting program crashes within a minute or less. I’ve tried both wireless and ethernet connection to the internet with no difference in success.

My web connection speed is not bad (28.49 mbps download / 5.78 mbps upload) and I’m not sure if it’s one or more of the following: system and/or hardware on my end (OSX 10.7.5, MBP 8,3); GoTo Meeting’s software for Macs; and/or something specifically related to MacRhino and the graphics card demands?

~Dave

Software information

Software versions
Rhinoceros version: 5.0 Wenatchee 2014-06-10 (515)
OS X version: Version 10.7.5 (Build 11G63)

Plug-ins
None

Hardware information

Computer hardware
Hardware model: MacBookPro8,3
Processor: Intel Core i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Memory: 16 GB
Architecture: Intel 64 bit

Video hardware
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB
Memory: 1024 MB
Screen size: 1920 x 1200
Displays: Color LCD

Third party kernel extensions
com.Logitech.Control Center.HID Driver (3.6.0)
com.Logitech.Unifying.HID Driver (1.2.0)
com.parallels.kext.prl_usb_connect (7.0 15107.796624)
com.parallels.kext.prl_hypervisor (7.0 15107.796624)
com.parallels.kext.prl_hid_hook (7.0 15107.796624)
com.parallels.kext.prl_netbridge (7.0 15107.796624)
com.parallels.kext.prl_vnic (7.0 15107.796624)

USB devices
Logitech: USB Receiver
Apple Inc.: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad
Apple Inc.: Bluetooth USB Host Controller
Apple Inc.: FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)
Apple Computer, Inc.: IR Receiver

Bluetooth devices
None

OpenGL information

OpenGL software
OpenGL version: 2.1 ATI-7.32.12
Render version: 2.1
Shading language: 1.20
Maximum texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum viewport size: 16384 x 16384

Implementation settings
Use texture compression: No

Appearance settings
Antialiasing: 4x
Mip map filtering: None
Anisotropic filtering: High

We use TeamViewer for both Windows and Mac.
The links we use for customers are on the bottom left of the Support page.

Many thanks, John! Will check it out.

~Dave

@John_Brock: TeamViewer seemed to work fairly well in a limited test and has lots of features.

There was only one (somewhat critical?) problem when using MacRhino—Right+clicking did not permit normal behavior (RotateView) when the guest was permitted to control the presenter’s screen. Rather, it issued the Right+Click and Hold behavior presenting the contextual menus.

Do you know if normal Right+Click behavior is possible when using TeamViewer with MacRhino? If so, any insights into how to enable it? (Note: Right+Click RotateView works on both computers being tested while running MacRhino without TeamViewer, so it seems like it’s a TeamViewer issue possibly related to the delay in transmission?)

Looking for an easy workaround since it seems pretty stable – many thanks again for suggesting this software!

(EDIT: Here’s a bit of a workaround—I discovered that Control + Left Click on the secondary computer will RotateView.)

~Dave

Try using on premise R-HUB web video conferencing servers. It is one of the most successful screen-sharing software when using MacRhino. Plus works on all platforms viz Windows, MAC, Android, iOS etc.

From my experience, many matters on OS X cleared up after updating to OS X 10.13.6, which is the highest possible with old video cards like mine, despite that it is an old OS level by now, yet it complies with many demands out there like software types, all around. (PS I don’t have Rhino on Mac, just on Windows10 here).