Installer Silent Mode v5 vs v6

Hi,

I was trying to install Rhino from the command line and I detected some weird functionality in Rhino 6.

• Executing Rhino 5 installer from the command line with the parameter /S, if I cancel the installation i got this error. Thats good because i can detect it
  • Nevertheless if I execute the installer of Rhino 6 with the parameter /S, and I cancel the installation I got no error and the process is still running, that avoids me from deleting the installer from the machine until I manually close the process! Notice the process does not appear until I close the command line

Regards,

The command line arguments for the installer for Rhino 6 are completely different. See https://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/installingrhino/6 for details.

We’ve never even tried to embed the installer within another, so your mileage may vary :slight_smile: - please let me know if something needs to be fixed.

1 Like

Thank you Brian! I didn’t found this page when I was searching for that, let me check the options I need and I will report any problem with them :slight_smile:

Regards,