Inserting surface between mesh

hey guys, so I’m trying to create surface inside this mesh hole by extracting isocurve of each surface then select all the isocurve and create surface but then this is such a hard and complicate way to get it done because of the random mesh wire and large amount of surface to extract the isocurve from, so is there any other way to get this through easier ? basically the main idea is just that the mesh suppose to be a structure and the surface i’d like to create within the mesh is the glass. can I just create a surface that will cover on top of this network structure ? if so, please guide me for some basic command for that one. Thanks alot !

Your “mesh” appears to be a set of curves; not a Rhino mesh object which has vertices and straight lines connecting the
vertices. If the “mesh” is a set of curves it would be less confusing on the forum to refer to it as a curve network or similar.

Try the Patch command. A surface created using Patch may not lie “exactly” on the curves. Use Project or Pull to move the curves onto the surface. A similar question is discussed at Projecting surface to a Mesh

I’m not sure I completely understand the first part of your question. @davidcockey rightly points out that nomenclature becomes critical, especially in your use of the word “mesh”. If it’s a generic usage to describe an area that has a grid work of lines crossing over it, that’s one thing, but if you mean “mesh” in CAD modeling terms, that’s got a bit more to the definition and implications for modeling.

Regardless, in answer to your second query about “a surface that will cover on top of the network structure…”, there are numerous ways to get there, and what I’m passing along is perhaps too involved and rather inelegant, but it will create a surface that covers a portion of your overall network structure fairly closely. After the surface has been created, you could trim out and keep the area(s) you need, if that would suit your purposes.

From your picture, it looks to be a gently curved form, broken up by freeform shapes. To replicate the idea, I thought an ellipsoid would suffice for the area in question. The workflow is described in the .3dm.

If I’ve missed the mark for you, my apologies, but it did keep me entertained for a bit, Ha!

Best regards,
Doug

narksplines question.3dm (688.2 KB)