IncrementalSave should SaveSmall by default

As the title says…I haven’t actually needed to save the meshes in a file in…I dunno, ever? I use SaveSmall all the time but the bloody things keep finding some way to weasel their way back in. Just get rid of the option altogether! SSDs are relatively small, the wasted space actually matters. They’re a waste of upload time when sending files to people. The few seconds wait to regen the meshes is nothing, if it is taking a large amount of time something is wrong.

Hi Jim - the dash version of incremental save lets you do that - I suppose you know that and that is what you meant by Save Small, but just in case. I will add this to the pile.

RH-65275 IncrementalSave: Save small by default

-Pascal

Well, that’s - as so many things in life - debatable. If one happens to be using displacement (or any of the render mesh modifiers, actually), have many displaced PBR materials or huge amount of detailed parts (screws, nuts, plugs etc.) creating the render mesh can take minutes. I pretty much always save my render meshes… so now it’s 1 vote for, 1 against :slight_smile:
-Jakob

1 Like

Hi All - you can do this either way using the dash version of the command, the question is what to do by default… no meshes seems (to me) much more likely to be useful in more cases when building up potentially a lot of files on disk.

-Pascal

1 Like

True :+1: