Incomplete Subtraction of WIndows From Double Wall

In the image below, the group of windows on the left does not subtract all layers of both walls (I am using “half walls” on this project to more easily vary wall types on either side of the same wall assembly – each “wall” is actually two walls back-to-back*) while the group on the right subtracts from all layers. I’m finding that positioning the windows and doors so that they subtract from both walls is tricky, and from time to time, without changes anywhere connected to this assembly, the completion of the subtraction varies from moment to moment. Sometimes the subtraction is incomplete, and sometimes the doors in the assembly jump from snapping into one wall to snapping into another, shifting alignment radically. (This is complicated in this case by the railings created – too far down the road to change this on this project – as layers in the wall, which though tricky I am able to accomplish clean intersections by minutely tweaking the wall nodes at intersections.) I’m wondering if there’s a fail-safe practice (with railing layers or not) to accomplish consistent results for openings in doubled half-walls. Maybe it has to do in part with where the control axes are positioned in the doubled half-walls. It all adds up to a lot of variables to experiment with and I hope the Asuni brains can suggest some good practices. I’ve uploaded the assemblies in a rhino file at the bottom of this post.
*In this case the twinned walls are the same wall type. This is of value because If necessary I can change one side to a different type without changing the other.)

IncompleteSubtractionofWIndowsFromDoubleWall.3dm (3.0 MB)

Hi @djhg,

I’m not sure if I have understood correctly, but it seems you’re placing two parallels walls to create a single wall. If this is your case, unfortunately, that is not supported in VisualARQ, and I don’t think we’ll support it anytime soon, as it breaks all BIM rules.

Enric

The closer we can get to something similar is to support composite walls, where a single wall is created from two (or more) walls from different styles.

That sounds great! Is it by any chance near?

Sorry, I mean “composite wall styles”, so a wall style is composited from two (or more) wall styles.

There is no planned version for this feature.