Import VA IFC file in BIMserver.center

Hi,
We try to import our 3D-model in BIMserver.center, but BIMserver.center reject the VA file.
Best regards, Simon

Hi @simon12,

Can tell us which is the reason BIMserver.center gave to reject the Ifc file? Otherwise we cannot know which could be the problem.

Kind regards

When I use the IFC Uploader I get this error:

I don’t know if it is an issus BIMserver.center or VA.

Hi @simon12,

This error message is a developer assertion that has failed. It could mean that there is an error in the BIMserver code, or that the IFC has an error. The error message does not indicate where is the error on the IFC only. It only mentions the source code file and line number where the assertion failed.

You can press “Ignore” to try to continue. Take into account that this could cause IFC Uploader to crash.

I recommend you to contact BIMserver, and share the IFC file with them so they can check what is going on.

Regards,

Enric

If there is an error in how VisualARQ generate the IFC, we’ll fix it.

HI Simon,
have you tried to validate your IFC file using XbimXplorer?
https://docs.xbim.net/downloads/xbimxplorer.html
It’s an open-source tool that generates a compliance report with IFC2x3 and IFC4 schemas
Regards
Ciro

Hi Ciro,
I have tried to import the IFC file in XbimXplorer:

==== 16:00 ERROR Xbim.WinUI
Error creating geometry context of ‘C:\OneDrive\OneDrive - MSV architectes urbanistes sàrl\Informatique\bim\272 Casin 20200405.ifc’ at Xbim.ModelGeometry.Scene.Xbim3DModelContext.CreateContext(ReportProgressDelegate progDelegate, Boolean adjustWcs)
at XbimXplorer.XplorerMainWindow.OpenAcceptableExtension(Object s, DoWorkEventArgs args).

Error creating geometry context of ‘C:\OneDrive\OneDrive - MSV architectes urbanistes sàrl\Informatique\bim\272 Casin 20200405.ifc’ at Xbim.ModelGeometry.Scene.Xbim3DModelContext.CreateContext(ReportProgressDelegate progDelegate, Boolean adjustWcs)
at XbimXplorer.XplorerMainWindow.OpenAcceptableExtension(Object s, DoWorkEventArgs args).

Failed to initialise geometric context, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The IFC structure was imported:

@enric:
We have update VA to the version 2.7.4 and now I have an other issue.

• Command: _IfcExportOptionsDialog
    Unknown command: _IfcExportOptionsDialog
    Command: _CommandHistory
  • Export to show non IFC file type

Question: we use special characters like é à è.
Is this possible?

Hi Simon,

Yes you can use those characters, there is no problem with them.

Can you share the IFC file with us so we can make sure there is no problem related to the VisualARQ IFC Exporter. You can send it to visualarq@asuni.com

Thanks