Image sampler on Louvers

Hi everyone, I’m working on creating an image sampler on some louvers and got somewhere pretty decent.
I’ve run into 3 areas that I would gladly have your help/advice.

1. Louvers - I based them off a grid and lofted at the end which might not have been the best method.
    I would like to have better control of the louvers. Specifically Spacing, thickness, min max depth, size of grid and orient to Z plane.

2. Boundaries of image sampler
    I think the sampling is working and doing what i want it to, but I cant get it to fit within my boundaries. See image for detailed explanation.

3. Clunkiness
    I’m still learning grasshopper so i might be doing things really inefficient. This is causing my grasshopper changes to take about a 30-45 seconds to load on rhino.

Please excuse the poor quality images. Grasshopper file attached below as well. Rhino units are set to Inches.

Image being sampled

IMAGE ATTRACTOR.gh (56.1 KB)

1 Like

Hope it helps you out.

IMAGE ATTRACTOR_re.gh (55.5 KB)

3 Likes

Running smooth! Thanks HS_Kim!

Hi,

I am new to Grasshopper and am trying to learn how to use this script. I was able to upload my image, and everything seems to be running smoothly, but I am not sure how to space out the louvers?

I realised the domain start and end was for the extension of the louvers, and extent x and y control the overall size of the surface, but how do I change the spacing and width?

The size slider in the definition.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your quick reply! The size slider changes the size of the surface. So when I turn it to 10, then x shows as 7110 and y becomes 10240. When I make it 1, it goes back to 711 and 1024.

So I don’t believe the slider is the solution unfortunately

So I don’t believe the slider is the solution unfortunately

It is, Turn on the grid and you will see what it is doing. The reasons it appears to make the surface bigger are, it is plugged into sx and sy (you will only need to increase in one direction) and also you will need to reduce the number of grid cells ex or ey as you increase size.

It worked! Thank you so much

For instance doubling SX and dividing EX by 2 will give you spacing twice as big but not change the surface size.

1 Like