Identifying partially overlapping and nearly overlapping lines / curves

The ‘Tolerance’ slider in my model addresses this issue of curves that are close together but don’t overlap. This also highlights a (deliberate) quirk in my code that ensures all curves have at least one point to compare, no matter how short and regardless of the ‘resolution’ slider value.

So if you increase ‘Tolerance’ to 0.0530, two additional “overlapped” curves appear, 52 and 54. This is because both are that close to the midpoint of the very short curves that connect them, 51 and 53.

OverlappingLines_2021Jan8c2

When you increase the ‘Tolerance’ to 0.1075 (slightly beyond the slider range as posted), 52 and 54 also appear in this table as overlapping each other:

OverlappingLines_2021Jan8c3

As usual, I’m using my ‘Tree/List Viewer’ tool to examine and identify the curves by index value:

P.S. By the way, notice that curves 51 and 53 are not identified as being overlapped. That’s because the ‘resolution’ slider value is set too high, causing the first and last points on 52 and 54 to be too far away from 51 and 53. Reducing ‘resolution’ to 0.1 will cause 51 and 53 to appear (and be piped) but also increases the number of points from Crv CP to 758K (!!).

OverlappingLines_2021Jan8c4
OverlappingLines_2021Jan8c5