I'd like to get some advice on how to extend many lines

Extend_Line.gh (16.1 KB)

Hello, thank you always for the forum.

I’m writing because I have something I want to get advice from.

I’m thinking about how to extend it like the attached picture using several lines, but I don’t have a clue about the solution, so I’d like to ask for your advice.

Please advise if there is a good way.

But this doesn’t solve all issues, such as what to do about overlapping lines.

1 Like

Hello
there is no good way better than your way. The better advice is you implement the rules you want. Because I don’t see which logic for that

I gave a try with Gilbert Tessellation but, I didn’t cut the curves at the intersection

Slightly better with 2 tesselations

Incesteous Network from Heteroptera plugin

1 Like

The way I want is to modify the existing line, and it wasn’t to make a new line. Thanks for your reply!

Let me think about it again.

Thank you for your answer.
I think I need to make my thoughts more concrete.

Ok, so I think the best is you make a program, a bit like Gilbert Tessellation (the sources are visible) and you tune it for your need.

1 Like

Thank you. Let me check the appropriate add-on.

extend curves.gh (15.3 KB)

2 Likes

What’s the point of starting with curves that already intersect? Use the geometry that was presented in the first post where the line segments don’t touch each other.

1 Like

I think it’s a good attempt, but I don’t think it’s the result I want.

To explain further, it is the centerline extracted from the Steel Frame drawing, and it is an attempt to obtain the boundaries of the deck plate.

Check this , in the result there are very little surfaces you can cull them based on their areas or you can use polyline collapse

You need fennec addon to use Regions component

Extend_Line.gh (22.8 KB)

2 Likes

haha sorry it was my fault, I misunderstood the topic

Hi Sir.
I have downloaded the plugin but I do not see the component sample. Please help me.

Use the component called Regions

1 Like

It’s very useful. Thank you so much.