Icon size in tabs, it's not consistent

I’m very appreciative to have control of the toolbar tab size again. However, I think there is some inconsistency with the icons in the tabs. When the tab sizes increase (Toolbars.TabHeightPadding) the icon doesn’t adjust to suit the new tab size. If you compare the icons in the pane tabs with the icons in the toolbar tabs there is a noticeable difference in size. It would be great to have control over the toolbar tab icons, as I would prefer them to match the pane tab icons.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan - am I correct that you’d (user) want to control of the icon/tab size yourself for both panels and toolbar tabs at the same time, and that there would only be one setting? Or that automatic is OK but the two should match?

-Pascal

If I use Toolbars.TabHeightPadding to adjust the tab size it would be great if the images in the tabs scaled proportionally. If this could be linked to the panel tabs, that would be great. Maybe Toolbars.TabHeightPadding could be altered to control both automatically, and then the icon images would be the same size (hopefully proportional to the tab size chosen),

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan - that proportional scaling is not going to happen in V6 - it make sense and there is talk of making the icons more scalable as on Mac but that is ‘future’. stuff. In fact, at this point I’d say even linking panels and toolbar icon scale is not a V6 thing. But what do I know… ? I’ll add something to the heap.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-41658

-Pascal

I’ll watch for it in V7, but I might be in an old age home by then. :smile:

If it’s not possible to do proportional scaling, could there be an advanced setting that allows the user to manually pick a small, medium or large image?

Thanks,

Dan