I can not curve mascara hairs. How can I do that?

brush.gh (12.3 KB)

You should mastermind some policy for creating random extensions/curves (the ugly “hairs”). I have a thing that does anything imaginable (in 4 classes of spirals from helix to spherical) … but is carried over solely via code and some Methods used are strictly internal.

Anyway maybe (just maybe) I’ll add some indicative things related with the random approach (but I can’t guarantee that I’ll use native components [not my game - at all, sorry])

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply. How can I make a curve like the image.

Just a hint (out of too many ways to create random curves):

You can use a random (min/max) height cone (per div point per spiral) properly placed/oriented [shown 2 modes: tangent and perpendicular to the helix] then put random points on it, then sort the points (with regard their distance to the cone tip) , then add the cone tip point and then make the curve required (tube rail). If the cone has variable R then you can create some very freaky hairs.

1 Like

IMHO mascara hairs are not freaky at all but the contrary, cleverly and very precisely engineered in their shape to maximize mascara work…

Is it possible to body curl in an easier way without making ugly hairs (just simple lines)?

You could do it this way using the Graph Mapper component to define the shape of the last N lines

brush.gh (16.5 KB)

1 Like

Thank you for the answer. That’s what I want.

IF you pretend (recommended) that the attached is some add-on provided by some good Samaritan … then this is also what you want.

CurveTrees_distort_V1.gh (10.3 KB)

Excellent … Thank you for sharing …

Added a rather handy option (at least with regard sin/cos distortions).

CurveTrees_distort_V1A.gh (117.8 KB)

1 Like

Great work… :man_dancing:

And this is as far I can go before exposing code (for plane orientation) that is internal.

CurveTrees_distort_V1B.gh (134.1 KB)

I hear you: What’s the big issue? Well … forget thin hair matters for a moment and imagine doing a helix ramp using a helix like the one added to the V1B demo collection (I.M.Pei ,Pyramide du Louvre etc etc). Use the Sin distort mode (Rotate = no) and play with the distort distance (in relation to N as well). That (in theory) could yield rail variations for sweep1/2 ops etc etc. See that the perpendicular Frames (in your case: used for defining the distortion points per curve) are not quite right. Is kinda they point (XAxis) to some helix CoG. But fixing them for AEC puproses is another animal.

So given the opportunity try to do the greatest ramp like stair known to man:

Screen%20Shot%20060

Screen%20Shot%20061

1 Like