Human UI launch window error

I’ve just installed human UI and right out the gate, I can’t get it to run. I placed the “Launch Window” Component and it’s giving the following 2 errors:

1. Before Solution exception:Could not load file or assembly ‘HumanUIBaseApp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

2. Solution exception:Could not load file or assembly ‘HumanUIBaseApp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

What is happening here?

did you install using the .msi installer or some other way? It looks like it is looking for the supporting DLLs and can’t find them.

I’ll have to check how it’s installed. It’s through my company’s software portal so it’s a bit of a mystery. Thanks!

Double check that HumanUIBaseApp.dll is present in the HumanUI folder in your components library - if something funny has happened you may also have to right-click the DLLs in that folder and choose “unblock” before they will load. Your Human UI folder should look something like this: image

Does the .gha need to be in the Human UI folder? The way it looks right now, the .gha is in the “Components” folder, and all the other files are in the Components>Human UI folder

They should all be in the Human UI folder for sure. Must have been some strange manual install process.

Yea, I got them to run just the regular .msi installer and it’s all good now. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hi,I am having the same problem, my “Launch App” Components suddenly stopped working showing this error:

1. Before Solution exception:Could not load file or assembly ‘HumanUIBaseApp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    I checked with our office IT team about .msi installer and they said it is the same as our window installer.
    Tried uninstalling and reinstalling it restarting and it is still there!
    this is a snapshot of my Human UI component folder.
    Any helps are much appreciated.
    Thank you