In the attached I have a hull form I built from tabular data from original plans that I have faired horizontally and vertically. I think that it is as fair as it is going to get without having an automatic tool that can fair in 3d.
My question for the forum is what to do next to build the shell. Problems I see include:
There are too many frames (I found that if I cut down the frames for fairing, the shape deviated way too much from the data and that defects appears in the skipped areas–it looked like the original data provided exactly what you needed to et the right shape. More work but I expect it is easier to cut down on frames than add new ones.
Some of the shape is made from lines (cyan(, other parts are from curves.
The horizontal waterlines form triangles that do not work with networksrf.
It has to be broken up to handle shapes like the shaft openings in the twin keel.
In the end I need to build a shell that I can add thickness to (on the outside) for 3d printing.
I was curious what folks do in this situation. In the bow I shifted from using vertical lines to curves in order to get a networksrf without bumps. I am wondering if I need to change the waterlines to do something similar.