How to update workspace

Hi,

I noticed that my ws is not up to date some of the icons are still from the beta.
Like subdthickencurves
No gh menu (can’t seem to find where that is)

I don’t want to reset toolbars because I’ll lose all my customization.
Do I have to save my ws to a different name/s and then reset to defaults and then bring in my customizations argh?

Also why is McNeel not updating the standard ws if some icons are not present or have changed and if some toolbars are missing like GH in my case.

Thanks for any tips to get around this easily?

RM

Hi Roland -

Yes.

At some point, the Rhino 8 WIP should start doing that.

I’m afraid not, no.
-wim

Hi @wim
I was hoping for a lazier way. :pleading_face:
One question where is the Grasshopper toolbar located I can’t find it?
Thanks for your fast response and succinct answers will be nice to get this tweaked for v8.
RM

Hi Roland -

I’m not currently on my Windows machine and I never use toolbars but if it’s the same as on the Mac, there should be a single button on the main (?) toolbar:

-wim

Hi @wim
I do have the icon that opens GH but no triangle (notice yours has the little white triangle) and thus no Grasshopper toolbar. Off hand I can’t find the toolbar anywhere although I think it just contains GHplayer and one other icon.
RM

Hi Roland -
On Windows now:

It contains the “Grasshopper”, “Grasshopper Player”, “List Grasshopper Plug-ins”, and “Run ScriptCompiler” buttons.
-wim

Hi @Wim,
Thanks for taking a look but where is the toolbar located I can’t find it’s location to load it into rhino?
RM

Hi Roland -

As this is part of the default toolbar, you’ll need to reset the toolbar to get that.
I suppose you could rename default.rui to mycustomtoolbars.rui when Rhino is closed. When you strart Rhino, a new default.rui will be created. From that one, you should be able to get the complete Grasshopper toolbar.
-wim

Hi @wim
Ok I didn’t think of that.
Thanks for your help and the detailed instructions.
RM