How to tell Grasshopper, if there is intersections

I have huge problem understanding your english brother… I don´t get what you need here at all.

Just show me the final geometry which you need to obtain and let me try and reverse engineer the problem.

sorry my first language is not English I do not know hot to explain. Let me show you with picture.

tell me if you still cannot understand.

1 Like

1 Like

Something like this?

temp 2_v1.gh (40.5 KB)

Or like that?

temp 2_v2.gh (46.2 KB)

1 Like

yes yes, that’s it . This is perfect. I like how you fix the problems, so easy, I am always struggling with data tree.
Anyway, thank you so much for your reply. Sorry brother if I was not able to explain you well.

1 Like

No worries my man. I just needed to get your idea.

Which of the two files worked for you?

Also, yes pay attention to how data tries work and how to manipulate them. It is a bit messy, but once you get a basic idea, then you will be able to work with them.

yes sure, iat the moment I am amateur, but I am trying to get better in grasshopper by asking and observing your solution, so that I can understand the data logic.
I use second file, because I can manipulate each intervals, but in the first file you have taken the whole line.
And thak you for your suggestion.

1 Like

Don´t worry. Here in this forum you will get all the help you need and then some more. You will get a pretty nice learning curve pretty fast :slight_smile:

:+1: :heart:

1 Like

Hello Bro,
Again I have a problem, sorry for bothering you again.
Do you have any idea about my new problem?
I want the first intersection again.
In the first picture, you can see some intersections, but they are not exactly what I want.

the problem can be seen in picture 2.

I want the intersections that I made with red circles by hands.( I call them first intersections because they are the nearest intersections to the black lines (1 and 2))
First intersection 2.gh (15.4 KB)
Thank you as always for helping me.

Hi

you can do Region Union of your blue and red rectangles, flattened of course.
Then you can find intersections of these new polylines and yellow lines.

2 Likes

First intersection 2.gh (16.5 KB)

Also what @Jakinta have said is 100% true :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thank you for introducing this perfect command to me. But do you know why it is written that the points are outside of the curves? Because when I use Point In Curve Command all of the point are 0 except one.

`

Thank you . It was a smart solution. I have another issue considering this which can find it in my previous comment.

Hello David,
I tried Curve Nearest Object, it seems that there is a problem with my file because it does not work properly.
This the GH screenshot.

As you can see, it does not show the first intersections that we are looking for. you can see the screenshot of the intersections that I want below.

Do you have any other idea?
screen shot.gh (73.4 KB)