How to Sync Rhino model with Blender?

Hi
I try this addon jesterKing/import_3dm in Blender 2.92.
They can import 3dm file into Blender.
However, When I back Rhino, make Boolean old model/ then save it.
Re-import 3dm file, they will create new model, beside old model.

Are there any way to sync model Rhino into Blender?
@nathanletwory

Releases · jesterKing/import_3dm (github.com)

Thank
Travis

If the Guids change then currently there is no way to sync these. For now you’ll have to manually remove the old model from Blender.

Thank for feedback Nathan
Are there other solution of sync with Blender? such as FBX, OBJ or SKP.

Thank
Travis

You could check out Hops

1 Like

You could also try Speckle and the in-progress Blender connector. It is open-source and allows you to connect to other software as well, such as Revit.

1 Like

Hi @tom_svilans
Did you try it?
They need to send request for trial.
I guess they will charge on project.

Travis

It seems like it is Open Source, and you can make your own server to use, but it is in Beta for using their server, and that is what they will probably charge, the cloud storage part.

@travis.designer.vn yes, I’m helping to develop the Blender connector.

Speckle 2.0 does not need to be server based. It now supports other endpoints, such as a local database file, or even an in-memory endpoint. In this sense it is very flexible.

You might be able to get started using the Speckle Manager which will let you create an account.

1 Like

Hi @nathanletwory
I apply material for object in Blender.
Then I back Rhino/ create new object/ save it
I re-import 3dm file. They will remove the material applied for other object.
I unchecked button Update Material.
What should I do?

Thank
Travis

I probably don’t know what I am talking about in regards to blender, but when using keyshot, the object must have the same name that it had on the very first import, so it retain the materials/textures/etc.

It took me a while to figure it out, but when you cut and join and etc, the automatic name of the object may change, so now I just setup names for all objects and when I have to update something I know I have to check the object name before sending the update to keyshot.

Hi
I try export each layer into seperate 3dm files. I can see model in rhino. But They can not see in Blender 2.92.
What could I do?
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuAcyL2kNiCPj8o6dpN6H6fjjMSoqA?e=oTmOBJ

Thank
Travis

Hi
I find out this rhinoscript, may be useful for someone.
Export Layer Objects [McNeel Wiki]

Travis