How to set width of listbox

Is there a way to set the width of a dialog box like rhinoscriptsyntax.ListBox ? I am using python. I’ve tried giving it a long title and making the first item in the list extra long but it starts out with a small box and I have to drag the corner to make it large enough so that all the text is displayed in width

The rhinoscript ListBox() function that calls this RhinoCommon method does not seem to have any option on window sizes.
I guess some custom UI coding needs to be done here, but I have no idea on how to do that.
Wait for the cavalry.

But I agree that it would be nice if we could be able to define the window/dialog/box sizes.
Even edit the screen position where the box will appear.

(Steve Baer) #3

I changed the list box for SR8 to autosize and be at least wide enough to display the widest item.

Autosize means it will resize itself based on the larges dimension(width) among the three mentioned: widest item, message, title? Or just widest item?

(Steve Baer) #5

Just the widest item in the list. With the current code, the width never shrinks below the current size (only grows.)

Ok.
But wouldn’t it be better if the growing size of the width is determined by the width of “message” and “title” strings too?

(Steve Baer) #7

Let’s see how this works once a release candidate is out for SR8 and then we can make tweaks if necessary.