How to set lineweight and color of Elment

Hi.
I already know tho display option. However, again, the reason I would control the display is to create correct 2D representation.
You can use the option for slatend beam. However, you can not for slanted columns, customized stairs and ramps.
(I would not use VA stairs, because it’s too incorrect not only in 2D representation but also in 3D modeling.)
Another problem with the option is that hidden lines are modified globally.
Please consider these for 2.12.

Thanks.

Hello @archist97,

Ok, I have just added this request to the list.

What are you missing in the current options to set the overhead display? (Apart from setting it by style).

Do you mean stairs created with Grasshopper styles? Something else?

What I mean by “correct 2D representation” is one for GH customized stairs, ramps, slanted columns and walls.
VA does not offer tools to create slanted walls and walls. You need to create these using GH styles.
When it comes to VA stairs, its functionality is too limited to use.

1. It always end only with tread at the top level
  2. You can not join stairs with slabs.
  3. It does not offer connection detail option with slabs.
  4. You can not use it for steel structure stairs.
    Accordingly, 2D representation can not but be incorrect.

Hi @archist97,

I have just added your requests to our list. Please, feel free to send us any other suggestions you may have.

Just in case, take into account this feature about stairs which could be helpful to you in order to create a better connection between slabs and stairs.

One other request on this point - it would be great and very useful if we could enable overhead display with any Rhino geometry, not just VisualArq elements.

Is this something that might be possible?

Hi @Ben_B,

Yes, it might be possible. We already have it in our list to add this feature in future versions.

1 Like

Hi @archist97, we have just released a new version of VisualARQ (2.12) which fixes this issue you reported (“linetype attribute is not working in plan representations of Gh styles”).

You can check here the news of the new version: VisualARQ 2 - Version 2.12 released

Enjoy!

It looks like 2.12 has another bug regarding this issue.

1. If I place a beam rotated, 2D is represented just as line on plan view.
  2. Rhino has run into crash a few seconds after placing rotated beams.

I used same gh definition.

Hello @archist97,

I see the problem, sorry about that. I’ll reopen the issue to see what happened. I’ll keep you posted.

No problem.
Please let me know when this problem is fixed.
Thanks.

Hello @archist97,

It looks like there is a problem in the Gh definition and depending on which curve you use as a path, it will return a good result or not. In the files attached, you can see that the Gh definition is returning just a line as a 2D represetation, so when you use this Gh file to create the Gh style, VisualARQ is returning what the Gh definition does: a line.

BugBeamsCurve.3dm (2.7 MB)
Custom Beam.gh (16.9 KB)

Thanks. Alfonso.
I’ve revised gh definition.
It looks like 2D representation problem has been fixed.

However, crash problem continues. When I tried to copy, move, and rotate a placed custom VA beam,
Rhino crashes down, especially right after trying to copy.
I attached revised gh definition.

Custom Beam_Revised.gh (15.2 KB)

Thanks.

Hi @archist97,

I couldn’t reproduce the crash. Please, make sure you are using the last VisualARQ release. Maybe, could you send us a video reproducing the issue? Do you get any crash report? Could you send it to us?

I always use the latest version of VisualARQ (2.12) and Rhino (7 SR13)
I attached video file, which is gif format
Thanks.

RhinoCrash

Hi @archist97,

Please, could you send me that file? If you disable the other plug-ins you have installed in Rhino, do you still get the crash?

Custom Beam_Revised.3dm (2.6 MB)

The other plug I’ve installed except VA is only Enscape 3D. I disabled it and retried, but I still see the crash.
Thanks.

Hi @archist97,

Thank you, I could reproduce the crash with your file. I realised it doesn’t happen always, for example if you select the beam with a window selection there is no crash. I’ll keep you posted about this. Did you get any dmp file? I didn’t but if you did, please, send it to me.

RhinoCrashDump.3dm (1.3 MB)

I always see the crash regardless of selection method. when copying the beam.
Maybe the result might be different by a machine.

Thanks.

Hi,

Ok. I was expecting a .dmp file, do you get any file with this extension?

I’ve got a file named “Rhino.exe.14572.dmp” in C:\Users\archi\AppData\Local\CrashDumps
I’m not sure this one is what you want, but I’ve got a message saying because this file format is not authorized one, it’s not loadable.
If this file is what you want, please let met know your e-mail address.

Thanks.