How to select visible (front) faces only?

Any word on a fix for this?

Hi - as you can see in bug report RH-44001, this issue is still unresolved.
-wim

Is there any update in this issue?
It is linked with the problem ExtractMeshFaces.
https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/extractmeshfaces-selbrush-exposed-in-c/112383/2
I need it specifically to empty the inner surfaces in anatomical models just like in here in Meshmixer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phJQmbweNf0

BW

Aida

1 Like

I think this feature/tool is quite needed especially now when we have SubD. I lot of things could go on on the back side of your model and you want to select only some visible points/edges/faces. And now as it is, you cannot, the only way is manual one by one which is anoying. CullControlPolygon works on nurbs but not really on SubD. And while you model your smoothy object, you push and pull and don`t want to pick the wrong face on the back…
so guys ;-))) i think someone, … in serengeti has to spend some time to invent it or make CullControlPolygon fitting for SubD
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: thanks in advance

pardon me, the selection filter works perfectly, only struggle is that you have to pick every single face, you cannot do it by selection with arrow and several at once … would be nice

+1 in need of simple “area select visible to camera faces”

For example, if Selection Filer had a tick box for “Backfaces” (default on) then it would be easy to untick it. Or even better (and more complex to implement) “Hidden” which would mean that user can decide when drag selecting, if chosen element types on filter - not just faces - get to be included in dragged selection area depending on if hidden is on or off (for example if a vertex point or edge is behind a mesh and hidden is active, they won’t be included in the selection.

This command will be very useful to add. I am trying to do isometric diagrams ,however, (Make2D) does not create polylines from faces and (Duplicate Border) shows the faces at the back.