How to select by Window with rs.GetObjects(...)?

Hi all,
I can select Control Points one by one with mouse clicks (responding to rs.GetObjects), no problem, but is it possible to also select using (mouse) “window”?

// Rolf

As far as I know you cannot select object control points with GetObjects(). You need to run rs.EnableObjectGrips(objID,True) to turn on the object control points (or they can be turned on by normal methods before the script), then run rs.GetObjectGrips() - which works with either individual mouse or window picks.

–Mitch

Yess, that was it! Thanks.

Only one problem: When I read the (window) selected CPs in one direction, they are operated on in the other direction… Strange to learn that that the selection list isn’t really populated with the selected objects…

< scratching head >

// Rolf

With window selection it’s pretty much impossible to know what order the points will be in. I suspect that with curves, as they are indexed from curve start to end, if you window select a set of points only once, they will be in that order - no guarantees on that though, need to test…

But I suppose you could also select points with multiple windows, so probably all bets are off. In that case, if you need them in index order, you will need to sort the list somehow.

–Mitch

Yes, I need to sort them. I will have a closer look into SortPointList. If that doesn’t work I will have to go back to individual pick again.

// Rolf

If you need them in index order, I would sort the indexes and bring the the points along concurrently. --Mitch