How to search inside branches with key items?

Hi,
my question is how can I search in a data tree that consists of various branches with help of searching keys (specific items).
The picture shows two lists. The list “Search keys” shows my items I am searching for. The list “Data Tree” is the list where I want to search inside. The result should be a list that consists of the branch name where the search key was detected.

FW_F1.gh (10.3 KB)

What’s your goal? The indices in your panel “Tree for Search” are the indices in your keys.

The end of your definition seems a bit weird, not sure what you’re looking for?

lets say I would like to check for each branch inside the tree where Item “0” of my Key-List is. The result would be a list that says, that it is in Branch (0,0,0), (0,0,3), (0,0,4).

FW_F1.gh (19.9 KB)

1 Like

Thank you Martin, it seems to be quite close, but you used list index just for one index “0”. I would like to do this for all indices 0-7 from the vertices output. Finally there should be a data tree that shows the positively tested path names for all tested indices in one list seperated by branches.
For example testing item “0” first through the tree, then “1” , etc.

The final list would show eight branches consisting of all path names that are positively checked

Two solutions, one with set tools, the other with distance analysis:

FW_F1.gh (26.7 KB)