I would like to build a automation workflow with Alfred that allows me to:
- type keyword in Alfred “weight”
- Alfred initiates a shell script that tells Rhino for Mac to start the command “Volume” on the currently selected 3D model in the currently open Rhino file
- the numeric output of that calculation should be intercepted by the shell script and
- used in a calculation for the appropriate weight
- the weight value is than saved to clipboard so I can paste it into an Excel sheet
Does Rhino support the two items needed (“actuate command from shell script” and “grab calculated value from Rhino”) ?
Please bear in mind that I am absolutely new to scripting and only have currently the most basic understanding about it.