How to rotate

Hi to everyone. I’m trying to rotate a bangle but I’m wrong. When I open the bracelet the parts where there is the pin overlap. I do not know where I’m making a mistake. Thanks to everyone for the help. Mirco.

ps. here attached the picture of the bangles overlapping parts and the rhino design

bracciale b per zambo.3dm (8.0 MB)

Hi Mirco,

The curves at the end of each piece need to be centred on the pin (or the pin needs to be centred on the (shared) axis of the end curves. The end curves also need to be arcs and the radius of the end of the lower piece should be slightly less than that of the upper piece, not more than it as it is at present.

HTH
Jeremy

hI Jeremy thank you. I’have tried and I think I have done it (attached picture) even if there is still something wrong since when opening the bracelet there is a part that comes out, this same part can pinch the skin when closing the bracelet. However I’m on it. Thanks a lot. Mirco

If you can, move the pin further out and make the end curve an arc centred on the pin and starting at the point where a line from the centre of the pin is perpendicular to the inside edge. That way nothing will stick out on the inside when you open it.

HTH
Jeremy

Thank you again I’m going to try! Mirco