How to randomize the input of a component? (L-syste from Rabit)

I’m trying to create L-system curves.
Generating one structure with a set of initial conditions works fine.
I managed to generate a randomize number that control the branching angle for each new drawing.
Now I’m trying to have random initial conditions for each new structure.

But I fail :slight_smile:
I’m missing a key concept here I guess… Mixing up lists and input or something like that?

Can you post your GH file here?
Clearly mark the part that is not working vs the desired result.

Sure, last attachement failed! Here it is

dynamic input on Lsystem.gh (9.9 KB)

I did a small sample here that I hope it is what you are after. I used a tree structure for the conditions. Just make sure you feed the “Turtle” matching structures.

Thx you for this. It is already helping me to understand.

However now the Entwine produce a data with 2 branches. (2 manual input)

Now let’s say I want N trees, so N points. So I will need data with N branches randomely generated from symbols (F±).
Any tips?

1 Like

You can create a list, then graft it. I saw you use RandomString (not sure which plugin is this), but any method you choose, including scripting can work.

well, I don’t get it.
Following your method, I get data with 3 branches.
With my random generative approach, I get the same thing but the Turtle does not take it in.dynamic input on Lsystem-reworked.gh (19.9 KB)

Well … I would strongly suggest to forget L-Systems and do a classic recursive solution for that type of results. If you are familiar with coding (C#) have a look on this entry level take on that matter:

Recursion_TreeEntryLevel_V1.gh (42.7 KB)

With some mods it could been “customized” for a vast variety of goals with regard the topology.

For instance you can “distort” the lines (into polylines) like that … and skip a lot of steps for making more “natural” looking results in the main recursion Method:

Or do things like these: