How to protect a Grasshopper program

Hi,

I did a grasshopper which will be use by different people in my company. I would like to make sure that this program is protected. I tried to put the program in a cluster and to assign a password but now it is very slow.

Have you got an idea to make sure that nobody can modify this grasshopper while people can normaly use it ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Mathis

It certainly shouldnā€™t be much slower when inside a cluster, Iā€™d like to see this effect if you can share that file.

But even the cluster password protection isnā€™t genuinely protection, it will not stop anyone who knows a modicum of C#.

There is no way to protect a file that is expected to work without first decrypting it. If it must run when you load it, it must be automatically ā€˜openableā€™.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick answer.

Actually, people who will use it donā€™t know at all the C# language. This ā€œprotectionā€ is basically to avoid that people modify the grasshopper file when they use it.

I can share you a video of the effect but not on ā€œRhino Discourseā€. If you send me your details I would be happy to share it to you. If you donā€™t want to put your details on the discussion, this is my email address : mathis@sellerie-nautique.fr

Send me an email and Iā€™ll reply to you.

Thank you for the help.