How to move set of points

Hello guys. I want to rotate this set of points. Each set of points belongs to a floor plan. While doing this, it would be great not to lose the surface. Thanks. re-loft.gh (16.7 KB)

Like this?

Rot-loft.gh (15.2 KB)

Or you mean to keep the base/top fixed and rotate the floors?

BTW: If this is some sort of building envelope (hence the “floors”) … by adopting the very wrong function follows form approach (the anathema of our times) … well … you gonna pay a very heavy price sometime in the future.

1 Like

I know it’s s***t, but i need to do it for uni. First, the title. Then, what i want. Now the priority is the silly architects of today thinking. And yes, i want to rotate those floor plans, as you said. The only thing that matters is the morphology. Anyone can help? Thanks

I didnt see you uploaded an archieve, thanks. I only want to rotate (and move) a few floor plans. And to keep the skin twisted. How can i?

I think this is what you mean.
the center of rotation for each ‘floor’ is defined by the central point of all initial points.

twist.gh (17.4 KB)

1 Like

First, get some update:

Rot-loft_V1.gh (31.8 KB)

With regard the twisted ugly thing … the case that you posted has absolutely nothing to do with the above image. It’s most unlikely that you can do something “similar” without extensive use of coding (because an abstract idea about something has nothing to do with some sort of concept/preliminary study for that something - even within the Academic perspective).

A couple of hints:

1. AT ANY cost avoid a double curvature skin (the other anathema of our times). This costs a zillion dollars (for no reason other than vanity) and in most of cases leaks over time. Even within the Academic perspective … blah, blah,
  2. Mastermind a rational LBS system. That said an exoskeleton is good for that type of topology but thermal bridges and “some” dew point related issues … well … don’t mention that to your tutors.
  3. You should try to facet the facades in some rational way.
  4. Briefly estimate the space for the elevators, stairs, fire escape ones and vertical shafts. Most towers suffer because designers forgot to take into account little things like these. In general a tower IS NOT a thing that you design just because you have a brilliant idea: it’s a tight collabotation between at least 4 engineering disciplines (and the bean counters).
  5. Hire some flying dwarfs (I could provide some at a price) for trivial things like cleaning and replacing opaque facade panels.

Here’s some aspects of a “similar” thing (spot the planar facades policy, shown some out of 12 available):

Hahaha. Man, I know designing a tower isn’t just about a “brilliant idea”. Besides, I’m not even close to designing this kind of buildings, first of all, I’m in my first year of architecture; second, I’m from Argentina (no chance of getting those jobs here and NOW)(you can only do that being Cesar Pelli). This “project” (to give it a name) is for Maths (some stupid non-mathematicians architects than ONLY like morphology). There are things you NEED (obligated) to do, otherwise i would never become an architect. And thanks man, i’ll try what you suggested. Cheers.

Pardon me … but these days and given the direction that things go … this isn’t the worst thing that can happen, he he. Anyway each time that your tutors talk about form exploitations, new frontiers, liquid this liquid that, “progress” … blah, blah … quit class and go do some other thing.

Other than that: In our trade the scope of a graphical editor is to outline something that is transfered ASAP to some AEC/BIM app (Revit, AECOsim etc). This means that in real-life the contribution of any parametric thingy in some design is rather Academic.This means that whatever you do it should be “structured” (on a classic hierarchy basis: the so called AssemblyComponent schema). This means that you should output things via nested Instance Definitions (to speak the Rhino language). Otherwise you output bananas. It’s 100000% impossible to do that (in real-life) whitout coding.

But what is a hierarchy? (you tell me). Here’s some 3D PDF’s to help you on that matter: exploit these via the handy ModelTree interface (use the latest Adobe Reader) and study the “entities” used (and what is father and what is child). These are obviously not made via GH … but the meaning should be clear.

172_STR_China_MASTER-dr35R.pdf (3.6 MB) 208_Iniquity_UAE-MASTER-034.pdf (1.4 MB) 210_Iniquity3_SIBERIA_MASTER-001.pdf (2.7 MB) 222_Vanity3A_UAE-MASTER-023.pdf (1.1 MB)

BTW: Get this as well (components only: how this is not removed is a mystery/miracle).

uglier_tower_in_town_OVERSIMPLIFIED_V3.gh (158.8 KB)

I never understood why you introduce yourself as an architect but talk like an engineer…

What program is this?

Bentley Systems various stuff - Microstation, AECOsim, Generative Components etc etc (Ray Bentley did the 3D PDF Interface [and the ModelTree] back then … after that Adobe abandoned 3D PDF [bravo Adobe: another ultra stupid thing done]).

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply (full of finals at the moment). And yes, i’ll give it a look on holidays. I’ve learned to quit stupid classes (luckily in my first year, after suffering lack of time and, therefor, a few bad results). Thank you very much. (Pd: I ended moving those floor plans by using a vector, but I want to learn how to use these programs properly (university continues haha) so probably what you sent me will be helpful)