How to modelling power connections and more?

Hi,

I need a pair of connections on the device for a project. So a slot where the Ethernet cable goes in, a slot for a European power cable and a slot for a Toslink cable.

Now these are all standardized and also difficult to model because some of them are really detailed.

Has anyone of you already done something like that and tips I don’t know how to start: /
Hi,

I need a pair of connections on the device for a project. So a slot where the Ethernet cable goes in, a slot for a European power cable and a slot for a Toslink cable.

Now these are all standardized and also difficult to model because some of them are really detailed.

Has anyone of you already done something like that and tips I don’t know how to start: /

Hello- you may be able to find reasonably accurate models on line, from GrabCAD or similar.

-Pascal

I would suggest going to the website of your local equivalent of firms like DigiKey Electronics - Electronic Components Distributor or https://www.mouser.com and searching for the sockets you will use. These firms usually provide 2d and 3d drawings in various formats of the components they sell. You should be able to find something that you can download and import into Rhino.