How to map the polysurface so that the joints do not appear in the texture?

Test textures.zip (1.6 MB)
Good morning,
If anyone can help, because I’m trying to solve some problems in the application of textures in polysurfaces:
1- How to map the polysurface so that the unions do not appear in the texture?
2- How to leave the result of the texture 1: 1 in relation to the image, in the result after being applied?
If there is a way for the person who is willing to help me, recording a video of how to do it correctly would be of great help.
Thank you for your attention,
Leandro

This may help, I’d use Unwrap with a symmetry tip and then CageEdit in the UVeditor to adjust. It looks like you were using a custom object but that will cause some overlap in this case due to the small folds in your target polysrf. That approach could work too with some editing to the single custom surface but I prefer this way…

Brian, ok, I understand your way.
This model that I made available is partial to a whole.
Can you guide me, how to proceed in case you have a complete, closed model?
Attached is the complete example model:
Text_Full model.zip (1.1 MB)

Another question is how to ensure that the image size is applied 1: 1 (and will be repeated, to complete the entire model area)?

If the model is closed, you will need to split it with some lines and then join the pieces back together. This will allow you to select those new edges as seams in the Unwrap process. The process would be the same after that with adjustment in the UVeditor.

There’s no easy way to make sure that an assigned texture is exactly the correct size once wrapped. The geometry you are mapping it to and the render mesh of that object are all factors. You’ll need to measure and adjust as you go.

You may want to also try painting your texture seams out if the pattern makes that easier. A program like Adobe’s Substance Painter is one option.

1 Like