How to make my GH deffinitions lighter

Another approach…

sandman - Copia - RG1.gh (50.1 KB)

2 Likes

Hey guys, i appreciate so much the help.

But i still having a problem now, with the C# component (sorry i never tryied rhinoscript). Its just not working, and i really dont know what i need to do.

can u guys help this one more time?

thankss.

Can you copy the errors in english? I see it seems a namespace is missing. This usually means something in the code is using something you do not have. Looks like you are using rhino 5. If so which version of Rhino 5? My guess is it uses some rhinocommon that only exists in a Rhino version higher than what you are using.

1 Like

Yes, sorry.

1. Error (CS0234): The namespace or type ‘Morphs’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Rhino.Geometry’. Need an assembly reference? (line 70)

Yea seems you do not have that in your rhinocommon. The script was made with a version newer than you have. Would be best to update.

1 Like

Can you post the gh definition? In my Rhino5 the following code line compiles just fine.

var sporphSpaceMorph = new Rhino.Geometry.Morphs.SporphSpaceMorph(base_srf, target_srf);

Unfortunately the Morph function doesn’t like being run in parallel. Unless you have a bent for spiky geometry the result was less than perfect …:

:roll_eyes:

// Rolf

1 Like

There is also a native component Transform → Morph → Sporph that does the same as the C# script, but it’s quite a bit slower having to run multiple times on item access.

@gabrielganza What version of Rhino / Grasshopper are you using? I don’t think that Rhino.Geometry.Morph namespace is such a recent addition, recall using it something like 2 years ago…

2 Likes

There is also a native component Transform → Morph → Sporph

This one is in R6 GH1 only. For 5 it exists in Jackalope

Ah yes, my mistake - those Jackalope morph components made it to GH5 for Mac as well.

1 Like

Thank you guys, it worked perfectly.

Since we are here, I would like to talk a little about the project I am working on.
I’m trying to create an interface for customizing orthopedic prostheses, it’s just a college essay, but I’m trying to do the best I can, I had to learn rhino and grasshopper from scratch (as you might have realized) to make this project a reality, mine The idea is to create a platform where the user can change parameters and create their own cover from the bases offered, so they can download and print at home. Open source.

If you are interested in collaborating with the project, it would be great. Sending models like this with new textures or just giving tips, any help is welcome

I just got rhino 6 and remade the prostheis base, take a look: cover_base.gh (113.7 KB)

any sugestions?