How to make multi grid layers with paneling tool?

Hi everyone,
I am trying to define this structure with paneling tool which looks not doable with my information. In theory, there are three layers with the same grid number. If you ask why I use paneling tool, it makes it easier for changing the refernce and mapping the reapting pattern on different surfaces. Please let me know if it is possbile to make it with panneling tool or if there is any other method?
Thanks

Your description appears entirely fuzzy to me. If you have a Graph and you want to do something with it you should describe with clarity the rules/goals (leaving paneling tools aside - that said I have no idea what they are / do).

BTW: In general in order to do anything with a Graph you should been able to extract connectivity info (given the V, E Lists the VV, VE, EV are the most commonly used) first … and then do anything imaginable. Of course Island Detection is a must (meaning that Conn Trees have 2 dims).

Since you post in this group what is you coding skills? (1 to 10).

Hey Peter,
Thanks for your response.
See the file. It may help clarify my question.
This method is the only method I could find, As you see, I merged two grids. I want to make them all with one connection panel to have fewer duplicates for later changes.
If you mean using tree items, I tried them (Relative items and graph mapper) but could not make what I wanted.
I appreciate your help if there is any way to make it.
Imagine a pattern defined in i- row and j-column numbers within a three-layered grid.
I need to repeat that pattern within the entire geometry.
Do you mean in grasshopper? Or other platforms? I am not perfect at coding, but I can solve my routine problems with grasshopper and Python (or MATLAB) ;).
Thanks.

PT1.gh (16.9 KB)

You have options:

1. Create your seed Graph - as a “module” - at Plane.WordXY (as we do in Instance Definitions) and then (a) Duplicate (general case: Curves - a reference type) your items - per module - then (b) Transform (Plane to Plane) them into destination(s). This is used mostly if you want to treat your Graph as an Instance Definition (real-time response for big N or “clones”).
  2. Mastermind some Method to do the seed Graph and define a - nested or not - Loop policy (as we do in dividing BrepFaces in U/V pts/pieces/cats/dogs) and create the “composite” Graph by calling the Method. This can yield easily Connectivity Trees: a Graph without connectivity is 100% useless … at least for AEC purposes.
  3. Do 1/2 and Morph map your Graph into some target Surface/BrepFace. That said Morph Methods require a target Surface (thus you MAY use if clauses for excluding things if you use a BrepFace [i.e. Surface + Trim data])

See this quite naive (acc 1) take on that matter. And why is naive? Well … a graph without connectivity … blah, blah (not to mention duplicates) . So try to get the VV. VE, EV connectivity Trees (while dealing with doublicates - not required for this case … but critical in the genenal aspect of things) .

BTW: Modify it accordingly (for targeting BrepFaces and the likes).

BTW: Add Method(s) for doing the module (i.e. the cList) with various way(s).

BTW: If the module is some sort of seed truss … then … well … things are complicated (clash issues in struts, cones, sleeves and the likes).

Graphs_FromModuleCrvs_ForAmateurs_V1.gh (122.9 KB)