How to link random panels considering some criterias?

Hello world !
I really need some help with this code.
I have flat rectangular panels on a facade done with the relative item component.
Using the random component, I separate randomly 4 types of panels. A color for each.
After that I would like to link them verticaly, I mean create bigger panels with a maximum of 3 panels linked but I don’t know how to proceed ?
I tried to use the point group comp to make groups of their centers according to a given distance but nothing convincing.
After linking verticaly the panels, I would like to ling them horizontaly with a maximum of 6 panels…
Please help me guys, i’m really struggling with thios code…
Thanks in advance.

random panels.gh (25.8 KB)

Hello^^
Do you mean something like that by saying “link verically” and “link horizontally”?
random panels_dfytz.gh (29.9 KB)

Thank you for your time Dfytz1.
But I mean to link them by colors… First verticaly and in a second time horizontaly…
I’ll send a picture soon to show my problem

Please give some examples on how to link them vertically/horizontally.
I tried to understand it, but I think your description is not clear enough.

so that’s what we have in gh

and that’s the result i’m looking for
Uploading: result.jpg…

1 Like

1: I got the vertical logic:
for each column, merge as much panel as possible, lets say from top to bottom, and 3 panel max.
if there are 5 panel together it will be merged into 2 panels (3+2), is that right?
2: for the horizontal logic, it is not clear even with your example picture.

3: there are some panels not merged, not sure about the reason

4: your request is difficult to achieve in GH. For a single vertical logic, it is possible, but if stacked with horizontal one, native components will be hard, some code may be needed. In this case I think you’d better merge them manually.

random panels_dfytz_2.gh (31.9 KB)
the easiest way possible

and a bit more control over panelig
random panels_dfytz_3.gh (37.9 KB)