How to know if a configuration has been previously created

Hi all,

first post here.

I am Nicky, a mechanical engineer, I work with www.shapelamp.com and we frequently want to add features to our platform, as after all this is what generates sales for us.

While I know that a Shapediver model has caching enabled and models load faster if that configuration is chosen, is there a way of actually knowing using some sort of feedback through API?

I ask this as we might want to know how many times a model is generated (and purchased, so we can label lamps x of y in the world - like with luxury cars), to know what models users prefer.

Side topic: Is it possible to load a model configuration from a link? Currently users go to www.shapelamp.com/create and create a lamp. Is it possible through a URL to send users to a specific design? so scan a QR code and the create page opens to a design specified in the QR code.

My knowledge regarding APIs and web development is very very very basic, but if what I asked can somehow be done I would relay to our web devs. I am more technical with regards to Rhino and GH rather than web dev, so what might be basic for some of you is not for me, please keep that in mind.

Thanks in advance!

There is no ShapeDiver API call to check if the solution has been cached or how many times it has been requested, I’m afraid. However, you can store parameter combinations and set up counters in your online shop, I’m sure your web developer will have some ideas how to go about it.

You can’t load model configuration from the ShapeDiver link but this can be done with query strings and implemented in your online shop.

We are always interested to hear our users feedback so if you want these features developed please submit your suggestions on our feature upvote page.

Understood regarding first point thanks, I will let them know.

When you say query strings, would that work through a link as well? i.e. shapelamp.com/create&some-query-string-that-loads-specifc-configuration ? I ask this as it would have to be stored in a QR code.

Thanks, will see what I can maybe add to the upvote page :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s exactly how the link can work and it’s then up to you if you make it legible to a human beings or simply a code of numbers.

Encoding to QR code is quite straight forward.

Thanks for the help. This solves some things :slight_smile: