How to get a list of available profiles?

Hello,
I wonder if it is possible to get a list of all possible profiles? I mean, using a Grasshopper definition I would like to have an element built of steel profiles. There are lots of steel beams and columns at the regular VA templates, and these are composed of profiles. I see, I can make my own profile, but I am a bit lazy and I want to use these ready ones. How?
Cheers, Jaro

Hello @jerry.bakowski,

I think this is not possible for now. I understand that what you need is to use the Param Profile component to choose one of the existing profiles in the Rhino document, in the same way that you use the Param Level component to choose a level, is that what you are requesting?

Hello Alfonso,
Yes, this is exactly what I’d like to get. I hope you will implement the option :wink:
Cheers!

Well, then another question: is it possible to get a list of all profiles dimensions? Like this:

I have a list of beams (for example), and I’d like to get a list (a file? anything…) of all possible profile dimensions. This way I could use the list within the GH definition without manual copying all these values…
Cheers, again!

Hello @jerry.bakowski,

Ok, both issues can be solved referencing a beam style in Grasshopper, deconstructing it and retrieving the profiles and their dimensions. Profile lists are inside beam styles, so this is the only way to get that information.

1 Like

This is it, thank you, Alfonso!

1 Like