How to format numbers/text to 2 decimal places?

I am using Elefront to generate text objects from a spreadsheet. I need these numbers to be displayed at 2 decimal places. They currently go from 0 to MANY decimal places. I can’t find a way to format numeric output to just 2 decimals. Feeling dumb - it could be Excel - or Grasshopper - or something in Notepad…

TIA,
Robb

Hope it helps you out…

10 Likes

Thanks… Just what I needed.

Robb

Perhaps someone may find this useful so I thought I’d share. I wrote this Python script to make number formatting a bit more intuitive for my own uses. Note: the script only adds/ removes padding, it doesn’t do anything for exponents.

And FYI, below is s a link to David Rutten’s post on the subject on the old grasshopper site.
Regards,
Ole

format_decimal.gh (5.5 KB)

1 Like

And here is a more esoteric one about adding leading zeros in Python!

https://dancergraham.github.io/blog/any-way-the-wind-blows/

1 Like

i use this component

fg

3 Likes

the Round component in Rhino 6 + Grasshopper 1.0.0007 does not look like that. Where did that one come from? Also, I can’t seem to get the desired results from the expression…

Feeling stupid.

1 Like

@rcmcdougle - that’s a Pufferfish component

OK - I don’t have Pufferfish installed. I solved the Expression failure. SubSet was putting out a string. Adding a Number component between SubSet and Expression fixed it.

2 Likes

You can use function

You can change the number in the function to however many decimals you desire.

2 Likes

My personal fave. Can use it to round to a floating point or the nearest multiple of an integer

1 Like