How to eliminate frame around pictureframe image in paperspace?

If I use the black and white output setting, the image border comes back. The only time the image border disappears is if I use the print color option.

Oh man… this is starting to seem just a teeny bit harder than it ought to be. I’ll see if we can get this sorted out better in V6.

V6 seems to do it right… can you try that? You can get the V6 ‘WIP’ from the link in ‘welcome’ message on the Serengeti group here on the Discourse forum.

-Pascal

I think I may have a possible workaround. I can go into the image properties material tab, click the color link, and set saturation to 0. Now if I print color in the print settings, the image shows b&w. Wow… that took some investigation.

Ok, if anyone ever comes across this problem of a border around an image, Im going to do you a favour and outline the steps to remove the border in your prints:

1. first, ensure your layout display mode is set to “shaded”
  2. click the image in the layout, then in the properties tab, under object, make sure the print color is set to white
  3. if your image is color but you want it to print b&w, click the material tab in the properties pane, then select color (under textures), scroll to bottom and set saturation to 0.
  4. finally, when going to print, set the print “output color” to “print color”… you’ll do this after typing the command print right before sending it to print.

Oh and if you find that your lines in the layout are suddenly disappeared, go into options and view>display mode>shaded and make sure the tick the “show curves” under visibility.

Thats it. Godspeed! Now let’s bow our heads and pray that v6 has a “remove border” option in the settings. :wink:

Oh- yeah- there is actually a ‘grayscale’ setting there as well.

-Pascal

Thought I would just add this in case it helps anyone. Pascal’s idea of making the object the same colour as the page colour didn’t work for me at first as I picked white from the colours fly out window.

After trying out various other options and still having no joy I went back to that solution and colour picked the background of the document ( which I have set as white ) in case they were different shades (in my head white was white).

Et voila, picture frame border now gone in layout.

Hope this helps someone.

Best

Glenn