How to: Draw in rhino viewport when viewport projection is keep changing

I am trying to integrating Oculus DK2 with Rhino, which means the viewport is keep updating based on the Oculus’s position and orientation. But when I try to draw a geometry, for instance, draw a rectangle or extrude a curve. the viewport projection is fixed until I finish the command. Is there have any flags or channels to allow viewport keep updating during the dynamic draw?

By the way, I am using C# Rhinocommon SDK.

How are you drawing your rectangle? Sample code might be helpful.

Hi, dale,

Thank you for your reply.

I just simply added new Rhino viewports into the rhino document and the projection will be keep changed based upon the change of Oculus orientation and position. And then when I try to do the normal implementation in rhino viewports, the viewports pause to update and implement the drawing process. Once the drawing process finish, the viewports keep updated again. But what I need, is that operating the dynamic draw (in Rhino interface, not in plug-in programming) when my viewports projections keep changing.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////////////////// Here is my sample code how I add the viewports and update the projection ///////////////////////
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

for (int eyeIndex = 0; eyeIndex < 2; eyeIndex++)
        {
            Rhino.Display.RhinoView rView = RhinoDocument.Views.Find(viewportTitles[eyeIndex], false);

if (rView == null)
            {
                // Set viewport offset
                int viewportOffset = 0;
                switch (eyeIndex)
                {
                    case 0:
                        viewportOffset = 0;
                        break;
                    case 1:
                        viewportOffset = riftHor / 2;
                        break;
                }

// Create viewport
                rView = RhinoDocument.Views.Add(viewportTitles[eyeIndex], Rhino.Display.DefinedViewportProjection.Perspective, new Rectangle(new System.Drawing.Point(x + viewportOffset, y), new Size(width, height)), true);
            }

if (rView != null)
            {
                rView.TitleVisible = false;
                rView.MainViewport.WorldAxesVisible = true;
                ViewportInfo v_p_i = new Rhino.DocObjects.ViewportInfo(rView.MainViewport);

v_p_i.Camera35mmLensLength = 50;
                v_p_i.SetCameraLocation(CamLoc[eyeIndex]);
                v_p_i.SetCameraDirection(CamDir[eyeIndex]);
                v_p_i.SetCameraUp(CamUp[eyeIndex]);
                v_p_i.CameraAngle = (FOV_L[eyeIndex] + FOV_R[eyeIndex]) / 2;

double left, right, bottom, top, near, far;

// Get camera frustum
                result = v_p_i.GetFrustum(out left, out right, out bottom, out top, out near, out far);
                if (!result)
                {
                    return;
                }

// Set left and right eye difference
                int dif1 = 1, dif2 = 1;
                switch (eyeIndex)
                {
                    case 0:
                        dif1 = -1;
                        dif2 = 1;
                        break;
                    case 1:
                        dif1 = 1;
                        dif2 = -1;
                        break;
                }

// Set camera frustum
                double offset = (((FOV_L[eyeIndex] * left) + (FOV_R[eyeIndex] * right)) / (FOV_L[eyeIndex] + FOV_R[eyeIndex])) * dif1;
                left = left + (offset * dif2);
                right = right + (offset * dif2);

v_p_i.UnlockFrustumSymmetry();
                v_p_i.SetFrustum(left, right, bottom, top, near, far);

// Feed viewport information to the current viewport
                result = rView.MainViewport.SetViewProjection(v_p_i, true);
                if (!result)
                {
                    return;
                }

// Redraw the current viewport based on the new camera and frustum
                rView.Redraw();

v_p_i.Dispose();
            }
        }

Another Question.

I have another question also related to the viewport. As I said earlier I simply add two viewports into Rhino document, so they are not distorted and color corrected which are required by the Oculus. So I was trying to find the color buffer from the pipeline in the PoseProcessFramBuffer stage to feed into Oculus and let the Oculus SDK do the job of distortion and color correction. I find RenderPass property in the pipeline class which might be the one I was looking for, but I could not find any resources online about this. So could you please tell me is RenderPass can do the job I want? If so, could you please give a simple instruction about how to use it? if not, is there any function or property that I can use for capturing the color buffer.

Forgive me if I asked too much. I have been spend so long time on it, but no any clue yet.

Thanks again for your efforts and I look forward your respond.

Singwyn,

Hello? any suggestions, please?

Does this help?

http://discourse.mcneel.com/t/how-to-obtain-camera-stream-from-cameras/29635

It was C++, I do not know much about the C++, I am using rhinocommon, and did try to find the method in the rhinocommon library, not matched. Could you inform me the relevant method in rhinocommon? Thank you very much. I appreciate.

I don’t believe there is an equivalent in RhinoCommon.