How to create the control

Untitled

Dale,

How to add the control marked in the image above? I cannot find the control in VS 2017.

if it happens to be Eto.Forms you are using, then check this out

Hi @XNurbs,

A static seperator control that expands/collapse and shows/hides child controls is is not a standard MFC control but rather something unique to Rhino. What you are seeing in the image you’ve posted is a CRhinoUiOptionsListCtrlSeparator control, which is used in conjunction with larger control, CRhinoUiOptionsListCtrl. I believe there is an example, in the developer samples repo. that uses a 'CRhinoUiOptionsListCtrl` control. But it can be ‘thick’ UI programming.

I have another version, somewhere, that works in any MFC dialog without the use of the complicated CRhinoUiOptionsListCtrl control. Let me know if you would like to see a sample of it.

– Dale

Hi @XNurbs,

I’ve added a new sample, to the develper samples repo, that demonstrates how to create a dialog that has the expanding/collapsing seperators.

https://github.com/mcneel/rhino-developer-samples/tree/6/cpp/SampleDockBarDialog

Let me know if this helps.

– Dale

Dale,

You mentioned " I have another version, somewhere, that works in any MFC dialog without the use of the complicated CRhinoUiOptionsListCtrl control". Have you added that sample to the develper samples repo? Is RhinoUiSectionSeparator from the samples repo the example you mentioned?

@XNurbs,

Yes, see the new sample I posted (above).

– Dale