How to create one surface through 3 closed curves?

Hello all !
I try to create one surface through 3 closed curves but none of the Grasshopper components for creating surfaces from curves work.
Here is a grasshopper canvas to explain.
Thank you for your help !

To explain my issue to create one surface through 3 closed curves.ghx (295.5 KB)

JLuc

This looks familiar:

This is a “painted myself into a corner” problem that could easily be solved if the base surface (spherical?) were available - except the tiny piece is apparently on a different surface?

DUPLICATE threads don’t help.

Here is the grasshopper canvas updated with the base spherical surfaces.

To explain my issue to create one surface through 3 closed curves.ghx (347.6 KB)

JLuc

I’m not going to touch this again but for anyone who wants to try, there are three curves on two or three different spherical surfaces and @johnluc_fr is looking for a smooth transition between them.

Why don’t you want to touch it anymore ?
Should I consider that the solution is in your previous posts ? :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face:
JLuc

Hello all !
Here are some attempts at solutions but without real success :woozy_face:

To explain my issue about transition surface between 2 surfaces.ghx (1.4 MB)

If you have any ideas, they are welcome !
Thanks.
JLuc

Hello
This is a difficult subject. There are tons of discussion about surface with nice curvature. Some are masters to make some nice transitions. XNurbs seems a good tool for that. Look at discussion on the tool, on class A surface, G1, G2 … I think the difficulty is also the difference of scale. I tried to make it with some others curves (blend crv) and Network surface but without success.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. It also seemed to me that the problem was not that easy to solve.
I tried installing the Rhino XNurbs plugin but it fails to load. When loading, Rhino 5.0 quits on its own.
Happy Holidays !
JLuc

I think I almost found it, but how do I get a single surface instead of a Brep at the end ?
Thank you.

Here is a start of solution :
A solution to create transition surface between 2 surfaces.ghx (2.5 MB)

Happy new year 2021 !
JLuc