How to create a drop down list containing many materials and assign to the box. Please help me!

Hello everyone, I am new here. I am learning the basics of Grasshopper for Rhino.
I have created a box and need to assign material to that. but I don’t know how to create a drop-down list of materials containing all kinds of materials? I want to load that box to shapediver and control material by drop list. Does everyone help me? Thank you very much.switch material.gh (7.6 KB)

Sure, its very easy.

First you create a list of all the materials using the Merge component. Then you configure a dropdown list. You have to right-click on it and chosse Edit… then you get a text box.

You just enter your choices and then = and then usually a number (usually starts at 0, since list indexes also start at 0).

So you just enter like:

Material 1 = 0
Material 2 = 1
etc..

Then you use a List item component to chose a material.

switch material fixed.gh (14.8 KB)

Waoo, It is really cool. thank you very much.

Well, well - how to have an automated KEY VALUE input to have the dynamicly updated to dropdown selectionlist?

Check this thread and the solution by @AndersDeleuran. It can “automatically” update the keys and values of a dropdown.

2 Likes