How to connect the object into grasshopper and find its centre and radius

The sphere is like this, I wanna connect them in the grasshopper, and make them infinitely near each other by Galapagos, the point is I don’t know how to measure it by raidus

Your question is a bit unclear.

What I can best tell is, you are having sphere-like objects and want them to be packed tightly.

I’d recommend physical engines like Kangaroo, to simulate spheres being pulled together meanwhile they collide with each other and bounce back when touched to avoid their failling through each other.

yes, but it’s derived from the sphere, i think it still got the radius like sphere, what I want is to measure their infinitely near distance by [galapagos]

But I don’t know how to connect the object into grasshopper and find its centre and radius.

Per your geometry, I think calculating the volume center (by volume) is good enough to simulate its sphere point. As for radius, just extract every point from the BRep and calculate the largest distance from the aforementioned volume center.

Here’s an example that packs spheres, then positions the more complex sphere-like objects by their centres.

slicedspherepack.gh (11.4 KB)

1 Like