How to change color ME "Selected Material"

Hi,
I changed my UI colors to relive my eyes a little bit, but now I have problems to identify my selected material in the Material Editor (see attached pic…) I already tried to find the color in the options/colors menu and also in options / advanced, however I failed to find the appropriate settings.

the first material is selected (hard to see :wink: )

Can someone enlighten me?

P.S:
maybe someone at McNeel can do a documentation with screenshot examples what the actual colors refer to, because IMHO the variable names in the advanced menu do not tell the average user exactly what they are used for…

Hallo ? anybody :pleading_face:

Hi Andreas - so the problem color is the selection highlighting? I do not see what color controls that so far… it may not be one of the options.

-Pascal

Yes, exactly the highlight that indicates the „active“ material …

You simply need to change this colour :innocent: . However, keep in mind that it will also change the colour of the active icon across the tool bars, too. The colour below this one is responsible for the gradient effect, so if you want a solid colour, you have to set the same colour for both rows.

1 Like

Thank you, that works!

1 Like

Nice to see that it helped. :slight_smile:

PS: It would be nice if “McNeel” uses different settings for the pressed icons and active layers, because the current implementation uses a single setting for both.