How to add own display settings in Rhino 6?

Hi!

In Rhino 5 I added a new display setting to my C++ PlugIn. Unfortunately the same code in Rhino 6 seems to have no effect. Here the code snippet:

// I have a new UUID CS_DisplayVariantUUID created before this...
   DisplayAttrsMgrListDesc *pAttrMgrDescCyberstrakDisplay = CRhinoDisplayAttrsMgr::FindDisplayAttrsDesc(CS_DisplayVariantUUID);

if (!pAttrMgrDescCyberstrakDisplay)
      pAttrMgrDescCyberstrakDisplay = CRhinoDisplayAttrsMgr::AppendNewEntry(true, true, true);
   // try to modify background color
   pAttrMgrDescCyberstrakDisplay->m_pAttrs->m_eFillMode        = FBFM_SOLID_COLOR;
   pAttrMgrDescCyberstrakDisplay->m_pAttrs->m_SolidColor       = ON_Color(70, 60, 80);
   // update attribute manager
   bool bSuccess = CRhinoDisplayAttrsMgr::UpdateAttributes(*pAttrMgrDescCyberstrakDisplay);

I receive bSuccess = true , but the display mode does not appear in the Rhino View Menu like in Rhino 5. While I was able to find my own display mode in the Rhino 5 registry, I do not see it for Rhino 6.

Does it work differently in Rhino 6 ?

Thanks and best regards

Peter

You probably need to save the profile still. Check out the realtime renderer integration sample code here:

Most specifically line 162:

Thanks, adding this line made it!
I still wonder, why it did work in Rhino 5…

Btw, where is the ProfileContext stored in Rhino 6? I did a search in the registry, where I found it in rhino 5 but it did not show up.

Best

Peter

This is no longer in the registry, but an XML file under %APPDATA%\McNeel\ somewhere.

Hi Nathan,
another question: Is there a call to find out, which of the advanced display settings is currently the active one?
E.g. instead of

DisplayAttrsMgrListDesc *pMyAttrMgrDesc = CRhinoDisplayAttrsMgr::FindDisplayAttrsDesc(MyDisplayModeUUID);

a call like

DisplayAttrsMgrListDesc *pCurrAttrMgrDesc = CRhinoDisplayAttrsMgr::FindCurrentDisplayAttrsDesc();

Many thanks
Peter

Ask the active view (CRhinoView) for its DisplayAttributes. The CDisplayPipelineAttributes instance gives you the UUID to query with.

Yes, it works.
Thanks you again for the quick response.

Best
Peter