How have you customized your Rhino UI?

2x Eizo EV2730Q :see_no_evil:
best screens I ever had for CAD

also no toolbars, strictly aliases.

2 Likes

Is this the mac-version?

Yup!

That’s even more than Howard Marks

Though he had up to 43 aliases, he became known as “Mr. Nice” after he bought a passport from convicted murderer Donald Nice.

1 Like

Eat your heart out, Mac.
Latest achievement:

R6 Options.ini (149.4 KB)

2 Likes

Very nice. How did you color the normally white backgrounds of the layers and properties panel? I couldn’t find options for it.

Hello,

Search ‘Dark theme’ for discussion of how to do this (and why you might not want to).

:slight_smile:

WIndows theme. It’s not for everyone though.
HighContrastGray.zip (693 Bytes)

2 color gradient pink at the top and white at the bottom. This helps because I use a lot of layer colors and it helps find them(grey is boring), and quickly know which way is up. (Arch student). I have no icons, and use the command line for everything, i never heard about aliases until now so my life just got waaaau easier. Oh another huge thing for me is my middle mouse button Macro is ZS. To zoom into whatever I’m working on. Also I may size up my control points, didn’t know I could do that either!

lately I am using this marcopad.
together with: _NoEcho !_popuptoolbar TOOLBARNAME it is a pretty powerfull combination. Build quality is good and every key can be programmed.

1 Like

Looks nice, but Amazon doesn’t ship this to the United States.
I use the aLLreLi programable keypad which I got on Amazon. Works great and has programmable lighting.
I also use a shortcut bar I created with my favorite commands. (I disable the horrible ribbon thing.)

There also X-Keys, which are available everywhere and you can customize the keys a bit better with little labels to print out: https://www.x-keys-uk.com/collections/input-devices

In my opinion the best tool and the one I use personally is the Stream Deck https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck-xl. You can make your own icons and can have almost unlimited pages of stuff. Also you can trigger multiple things at once. It’s pretty incredible for the price.

1 Like

The stream deck doesn’t seem to work for me in Windows. Works fine on the Mac version of Rhino. Would be curious if other people have the stream deck working with rhino for windows-hoping it is a specific problem with my setup that I can resolve.

It’s absolutely working with Rhino on Windows for me. Just set it up to trigger keyboard shortcuts set up in Rhino. Weird that it wouldn’t work for you!?

Wow. Could you share it?

i attached the workspace file (20_04_13.ws)
it consists of four toolbars for the main screen areas (__TOP, __BOTTOM, __LEFT, __RIGHT). if you also want to use the __POPUP toolbar, you have to set this in the mouse options)

the subsequent toolbars starting with an “_”, are also customised, but not so strongly, they are mainly used as linked flyout toolbars. the rest are standard V5 toolbars.
note that some toolbars also contain a few buttons for plugins, that possibly are not installed on your system.
in my original screenshot from november you can see, that i used the left screen edge to arrange a group of related panels in tabs, same goes for the right edge (see following screenshots)

20_04_13.zip (3.8 MB)

2 Likes

Veeery thank you . :slight_smile: i ll try it :slight_smile:

I’ve already made custom icons for all functions I use as a memory aid (posted when I started this thread), so now I’m moving onto the rest of the toolbars:

(Btw, why are there two different looking settings icons in the default layout? 5th from the left and 4th from the right seems to do the same thing…)

I must admit, I’m a bit embarrassed to have certain toolbars open in Rhino at work… with all the red cars, helicopters and squished cats, it honestly doesn’t look like a serious application, and it looks, well, old… but then again, everyone here knows how little it costs, so nobody really cares. Except for me, I guess.

7 Likes

The smashed cat is the best icon ever! :smiley:

3 Likes