How do I smooth the transition between right angle parts

Could someone please tell me how I can get a nice smooth transition between the horizontal and vertical portions of the attached part? I used Variable fillet to get it to this point but the ends of the fillets are bumpy.

Many Thanks,
Don

PIPE FLANGE NEEDS SMOOTHING.3dm (392.7 KB)

Hi Don, is this along the lines of what you need?

PIPE FLANGE NEEDS SMOOTHING_Maybe.3dm (499.9 KB)
-Pascal

That looks great Pascal. Thank you. One question… When I e-map using brushed gold or run a zebra it still looks a little bumpy around the red lines/intersections. Is this an illusion. When I e-map with polished gold or space needle it looks smooth. Is there a was to make the horizontal, vertical and fillet all one surface? Did you just adjust points to make things fit better?

Thanks,
Don

Hi Don - It needs a little more density to be able to join up - try InsertKnot on the surface in the U direction - click on Automatic twice - then MatchSrf for Curvature, ‘Match by closest points’ and ‘Preserve isocurve direction’

-Pascal

Do I boolean the surfaces to join them?

Hello - no - use the Join command, once they are matched up. See Help on Join and BooleanUnion…

-Pascal

1 Like

Hi Pascal. When I mirror this part along the x axis, I get a little bit of a dip where the two halves of the transition meet. Is there any way to get rid of that?

Hi Don - MatchSrf across the edges for Tangency.

-Pascal

I can’t make it work pascal. I’m just not sure how to get rid of the low point that shows up when I mirror the filleted section. I’ve tried every surface match configuration I can think of. Sorry to be a bother. And thank you so much for your help!

Hi Don - does this look right? MatchSrf, Average Surfaces, Tangency…

PIPE FLANGE NEEDS SMOOTHING_Maybe2.3dm (262.8 KB)

-Pascal

That did the trick. I didn’t have it set to average surfaces. Thank you!.